Jul 2, 2008

That familiar stranger

Have you ever had that uncanny feeling when you first meet someone, that you have had some sort of deep, past connection but you can't really put your finger on it. You are just left wondering, with that gut-wrenching familiarity that makes you want to embrace this person into your life without knowing them for too long.

There is also that matter of the heat of the moment. You throw caution out of the window, nit-pick loopholes in your own logic, to find yourself free-falling into the arms of that familiar stranger. A stranger who will stay a stranger. Someone, who will not taint or complicate your future; and just stay as a memory of pure momentary passion; with no strings attached but a sole, soul-connection in your mind and heart.

Sane Insane, a blogger friend, penned it so beautifully, which I am going to take the liberty of sharing with you guys...

We met but once as though by chance
We didn’t date, nor did we dance
We looked into each others’ eyes
Without deception of disguise
A silent message passed between
My hungry heart was plainly seen
You saw desire I could not hide
You looked at me and saw inside.

How could a glance have said so much?
And cause a chill without a touch?
What was that chemistry that evening?
I wish for those moments when our souls are bare
As surely as our bodies there

Our bodies move in harmony
I couldn’t tell you from me
And locked in passion as we are
My sense of time began to blur
I must have known you from before
How else could you have reached my core?
In life perhaps before this one
What had we shared? What had we done?
With what I felt, emotions vast
I must have loved you in the past

But now we go our separate ways
To different lives throughout our days.


P.S. Be sure to check this blog out to understand the true context of the poem from the author's point of view.

3 comments:

Sane Insane said...

Your prose and my poetry fits like hand in glove :)

Thanks for this new portrayal.

Sue said...

@ sane insane: Glad that my introduction did justice to your poem.

Paradox Philic said...

Guys, what about "Due Acknwoldegement " to the serendipitous source of this connection between you two?
:D

Selfish world :P