Oct 31, 2007

Good news vs Bad news

1. 'Sensex hits a whopping 20,000'
2. 'Mukhesh Ambani, now the world's richest'
3. 'Lesbian lovers tie the knot in Vishakapatnam'
4. 'Indian wins Nobel Prize along with Gore.'

vs

1. '50 million women missing in India.' (due to female infanticide, foeticide, dowry deaths etc)
2. ' Cracker unit blast fails to stir government.' (a blast in an illegal cracker factory in the city which took the lives of seven children)
3. ' Dalit women raped by local policemen'
4. ' City of joy turns into a war zone' - (violence in Calcutta over the nandigram issue)

Balanced? When they say every place has its positive and negative aspects, I cannot think of a country more apt to that statement....my own Bharat 'mahaan'.....

'The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.'

Frost rings true in my ears, I have made promises to my land. And every Indian should have his/her own promises too. Because 'balance' is not the aim. It's on each one of us to make the difference, to take the high road, to have the passion to act for what is right .... I am quite tired of blaming our government, you should be too...

No comments: