Nov 28, 2008

woh mera pehla pehla pyar...

That boy that I met at a party, an interesting fella. I was rambling some bullshit story to him and could only finish half of it and I had to get home - after all I was only 17 and had a curfew time at home.

He hooked me by asking for my number. I raised an eyebrow, and he smiled cheekily and said it was only because he wanted to hear the rest of the story. Charming, I thought.

Many such sweet incidents followed.

There was this time he had his leg in a cast due to a cricket accident, and I was to leave for Canada the next day I think. I had wanted to go dancing and he decided if I wanted to go dancing, then we had to go dancing. We went to a club and swayed to the popular song at that time 'Aicha' with him leaned against a wall cos he couldn't stand without support. This one ranks in the "Top romantic dances of my life" list.

Another time when I was upset about something and was talking to him on the phone. It was something trivial, but I was upset anyway. To cheer me up, he got his friend to drive him over to my house (cos his leg is still in a cast), calls me out, hands me a Dairy Milk chocolate, smiles and leaves. How adorable is that?

He would pass by my house on his bike and ask me to come out for a second and wave as he went by, that was our 'mulakaat' for the day considering Dad was closely monitoring my trips to the outside world. :D

I remember this and much more, but I don't remember why we broke up, fought or all the ugly mess that followed. But I guess that works for me.

I am still in touch with him, and we finally seem to have gotten over the bitterness, so cheers to a long friendship ahead of us. Whoever said you shouldn't keep in touch with your exes, isn't right in this case.

No comments: