Oct 21, 2008

Ol' times

Its great to meet old friends from school after a long hiatus because they manage to take you back to the memories - some sweet, some bitter, some embarrasing and some downright humiliating. Those that you had managed to shift+delete from your mind as it was just convenient to forget them than mull over em.

Let me go back to:

1. The time when I wore bright orange pants to school in eight grade for my birthday. I blamed it on my mom for many years, but I know deep down I loved them when she bought them for me. A fashion faux-pas that I have never lived down.

2. The time I got that insane haircut in seventh grade. I decided I had the skills of a hairdresser and cut my hair so short, it hardly reached my ear.

3. The other time when I got my hair permed and the brush got stuck in it at the school ladies room.

4. The couple of months when I was ALWAYS in baggy jeans and boyish t-shirts. They covered up the curves well, considering all the friends were boys (Yes, even then!).

5. The controversies with other women over the high school basketball team stars being interested in me (I am allowed to show off - trust me - If you saw me then, you'd be surprised)

6. That ancient maths tuition teacher who used to lament every time I made a careless calculation mistake saying "Sue, you are an intelligent child but not a diligent child!"

Thanks Pranav, Bhavna, Himanshu for reminding me of the ol' times.

No comments: