Oct 20, 2008

Could be yours, Sue

Every one who has known me for a while, knows my strong opinion on arranged marriages and how "dysfunctional" and "outdated" they are in concept.

But as I see my fellow opinionated friends slowly take the plunge themselves and find that they opened their minds to this concept to find a life partner through this system, I start to ponder - Is there some merit in this system, that my prejudice and bias has not allowed me to see this far.

As my parents "do the dance" about the Chartered accountants, engineers and doctors that I should check out, I am slowly finding my resistance to see their photos melting away - just for fun I say - but deep-down it is to keep that tiny door of opportunity to find everlasting love open.

Dad, recently threw a tantrum about how I should get professional photographs done - complete with heavy foundation, straight hair, lighting and a "disco shanti" saree. I refused... agreeing with my friend who quipped, laughing at my situation, "Kab tak sach ko chupaoge".

So while my mother was sitting next to me to write a "shaadi" bio-data... I decided the format below was too boring,

Name : Sue
Age: 23 years
Height: 5'5

I decided to put a spin on it which I plan to secretly send to the prospectives.

Hey boy (don’t know your name yet),

My name is Sue. I am a 23 year old dreamer. I see the world from five and a half feet above ground level with brown eyes full of questions and intrigue. Bouncy, curly hair forms a halo around my ‘devilishly naughty’ head.

I went off on an adventure trip to pursue my undergraduate degree in Business (marketing) in Canada after finishing my Grade 12 in Delhi Public School (R.K. Puram). Four years and whirlwind of exciting experiences later, I emerged a graduate and an adult. After one year of working in Canada at my university, a power company and Mercedes-Benz, I chose to return to the ‘homeland’ and worked with an advertising firm and then switched to (the organization I am with at present). (The organization) has managed to retain my interest for more than a year now. I work with the Internal Communications team and my job involves writing, editing, publishing, organizing, networking and not losing my head while doing all this.

And now the real me: a fun-lover, a brooder, a writer, a dancer, a blogger, a glutton, a social animal, an entertainer, a dog-lover, a conversationalist, a traveler and more.

My views on arranged marriage: I didn’t think I was cut out for it. But, choosing to take a chance due to my new-found belief in destiny.

Now, who is the real you?

Could be yours (*conditions apply),
Sue


* Conditions being: You have to be above-average hot, a dreamer, believe in treating your woman like a partner, a good cook (cos I suck), a dancer (its important to keep up with me on the floor), have high levels of patience (I am known to be difficult, sometimes!), be intellectually stimulating and have a killer sense of humour.

5 comments:

Sruthi said...

Hi da,

This is awesome and I hope u get to send the description that you wrote to any prospective...do it for fun and am sure we will have somthing to luk out for sure in ur forthcoming blogs....

But yeah, from whatever little that i know of u, everything is so true abt u....

u know what I loved the most in the blog...the line "Now, who is the real you?"...Let me know if u come across ay who can be so true to u in your first couple of meetings...

Morpheus said...

well..you have to get over me babe. u still describing me, when it comes to your 'kinda' fella :P

Ok...dont approve this..i am just being an ass

Sue said...

@ Morpheus: I just had to approve this - its too cheeky a comment to ignore :P

And you my friend, are way hotter than above average, too ingrained in the past to dream of the future, believe in treating your woman like a punching bag, never tasted your cooking, a pyschodelic dancer who scare me off the floor, have even lower levels of patience than me, be too intellectually stimulating sometimes. I do love your sense of humour though.

Ok, ignore this. Now I am being cheeky. :P

Sane Insane said...

A very interesting post Sue. I enjoy your expressions, both on your blog and your comments on mine.

If I would have received a mail like that from a girl, I would have hired the first white horse, to say 'Yes, I Do' in person :D

Lol, Brilliant post. Keep writing :)

Sue said...

@ sane insane:

" Now, who is the real you? "

And do my conditions apply? :P