Feb 5, 2008

MTV 'Rudies' 5.0 - The future of entertainment!

And I truly believe that!

MTV Roadies 5.0, wait... I'd rather call it MTV 'Rudies 5.0' is an absolute hit in my books. It is what I call the future of entertainment for this generation. The whole concept of bringing somewhat "cool", somewhat "confused" kids from around the block into a show where they are questioned, badgered, humiliated and even psycho-analyzed in some cases is absolutely brilliant. An interesting variant of 'reality' shows these days, is 'reality comedy' and Rudies is just that except that it is unintentionally hilarious.

Raghu and Nikhil as judges are awesome. I feel that Raghu especially is a great find for this show - half the TRPs they get is probably all thanks to his well-timed wit, cutting humour and those million dollar 'WTF' expressions that he has plastered on his face every time a wannabe roadie says something that is pretentious or fake. And the best part - I recently found out that he is Telugu...REPRESENT... yes, I am Telugu too (a fraud Telugu though cos I can't even speak the language properly). It is definitely nice to see that there are some of us who venture away from the well-tread career paths of medicine, engineering and software professionals.

Anyway, coming back to the auditions. Why would you need to visit a psychiatrist to understand the various mental issues and syndromes you suffer from or even get an accurate personality assessment done when you can fill a form for MTV 'Rudies' 5.0 .
Dr. Raghu and Dr. Nikhil know how to catch the fakers. They can tell - If you really are a wild child or just suffer from the 'spoilt brat' sundrome and are craving attention from peers and parents. And if you are from the latter group, they will take your trip like no one else before. They thrive on inconsistencies in your projected personality. One slip and raghu will flip his acerbic tongue out and devour you before you know it. I think I should go in for a free consultation with Dr. Raghu and Dr. Nikhil myself. They will be my personality/ image consultants.

The one thing I am confused about is the criteria that they use to eliminate or choose the contendors to take part in Roadies. The person comes totally grilled out of the audition room thinking 'Oh no, I am not cool enough for them' and then Raghu and Nikhil look at each other and say 'Definitely, roadie material! I'm glad we found him/her!" It is probably because I missed the first few episodes or maybe I am just not as clued in as Raghu and Nikhil are. Love those guys! :P

I am kinda bummed that the auditions are over. Truthfully, I can vouch for it that I will enjoy the auditions more than the actual show anyday. Jai Rudies!

6 comments:

Fictitioustruth said...

I do not really follow the show from whatever little i have seen of the show, you are bang on.

Hilarious post.

Sue said...

@fictitioustruth: thanks :), Trust me you want to watch atleast a couple of episodes. Comedy at its best.

The Walker said...

Whoa! I loved it when the auditions were going on... But a bigger realization was the number of people belonging to the 'J' generation (J for Jilted) our country has. I kind of lost touch when they actually started with the tasks and stuff post selection. Do keep us posted.

And RESTECP to my Telgu passi Raghu - He was too good. They should have kept him for the trip as well. (no pun intended)

Sue said...

@ the walker: Like I said, I liked the auditions better than the show so I kinda lost touch...

Will try to catch up with it online though..

"Telgu passi"... lol...aren't you mallu? Wow, after that post on diversity it's nice to see you follow it :P

Unknown said...

That one was a truly hilarious read. I really had a good laugh.

Sue said...

@ gouri: danke, my lady !