Feb 19, 2008

Introspecting...

My head is always muddled. A constant battle about my current vs desired state of mind/life is hovering over my mind. I penned the issues down to give them the importance and attention they deserve. So they can be in front of my face - I am then forced to face them. Presenting .......questions plaguing Sue's mind:

Should I quit to pursue a creative career in writing ( or the slightly safer option of corporate communications) or Should I stay back in my secure, excel-oriented job? Am I even good enough to write professionally and full-time? If I make the switch, will I love it or will I be bored of that too?

Should I give this guy one last chance like he asks me to? Will he change for the better or will we be back at square one in a couple of months? If he does manage to change for me, would I feel guilty that I made him change? Will I regret it if I move on?

Am I being to selfish by working for a company other than my dad's while he needs my help there? Am I too self-involved to think that I have to prove my worth by making my own salary, separate from my parents' business? Am I wrong in thinking that my parents shouldn't have to pay for my MBA if I don't give them value through that degree?

Am I sure of what I want in life? Why don't I care that I don't have a clear plan for my future?

Is it ok to want a Ph.D. on top of my MBA? Will it add any value ? Is the 'Dr.' in front of my name worth another two years away from the job market and a few more thousand dollars?

Why do I prefer a love marriage over an arranged one? What is the guarantee that the former works better than the latter one?

Did I make the right decision by coming back to the homeland after a foreign degree? Are my buddies from school smarter for choosing to stay behind and work for a couple of years? Did I make my decision on the basis of emotions and just that?

Views??

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Guess u have penned down every dilemma u r undergoing at present.

I think u shud definitely try writing bcoz u have got gud talent and if u love doing it then just go for it. Try doing an MBA in ur preferable area and about PhD u can always think later bcoz it wud need 4 yrs n not 2 yrs.

Any kind of marriage is fine as long as u have got a gud understanding with your partner. Only difference being in Love marriage u need to develop that before marriage and in arranged, later. :)

Basically everybody undergoes many dilemmas and make some plans for life but it comes down to priorities and implementation in the end. So, heres wishing you all the very best.

Sue said...

@ tejinder: Thanks mate!

Morpheus said...

Its time you wrote something new, Sue. Its been more than a month, and I'm sure you have tonnes of material to write about

RASHI said...

Wise of you to point it down. I think you should leave what you love doing, as a hobby n work with what your good at. Because most of the time, how much ever you love something once you take it professionally its just going to be another job. And yes they say its important to love your job, but I feel you have family, friends food and books to love.. so its ok to be happy and satisfied with it. N if you think how can I not love what I do the whole day.. then your seriously not giving other things in life the importance they deserve.