Jan 15, 2008

Here with me....

...

is that clumsy pot you made me at that pottery workshop you went to
is that song you sent me - Beautiful Girl by INXS - which plays too often thanks to the shuffle option on my iTunes
is that sweet testimonial you left me on Orkut
are those 'I love you/Can't live without you' and the 'I hate you/Should have never emotionally invested in you' messages that fill up my cellphone inbox
is that chic Guess purse that I exchanged for the top you bought for me on my birthday wishing it would fit and it didn't..
are those ticket stubs from the first movie (Batman something) we saw or didn't end up seeing ;)
is that weekend when I got grounded by my parents because you were stubbornly drunk about not leaving that friend's house till 5 AM in the morning
is that restaurant where we loved eating Malabar parathas and Kerela fish curry on Saturday afternoons
are those pictures of the good times and some bad times that play as my laptop screensaver
is that 'sorry' graffitti on Facebook when you made me cry about something worthlessly stupid
is that silver chain that broke when you tugged at it in the heat of the moment
is that bruise you gave me when you punched me in a play fight and then a real one
is that perfume you gave me on Valentine's Day...Oh wait, you still owe me one
is that striped top that you said makes me look fat and ruined my mood and my night
is that beautiful, purple embroidered 'jhola' and the matching earrings and necklace that you brought me from Goa
is that pub that I never go to anymore because of the way you screamed at me when we fought there
is the memory of every smile and every tear

Here with me, is everything except you...

Note: Here with me is also the hope that one day, it I won't hurt anymore.

2 comments:

Morpheus said...

I gave you a bruise in a real fight? Eh? When did that ever happen?

Morpheus said...

and you did go back to the pub. But sorry about what happened, for the millionth time.