Jan 14, 2008

Goa does it again !

"In my immortal callings I stand before you
Into the oblivion the world I know sinks away
In your vastness I have come undone
For the love I feel for you is that of life and beyond
And a peace that belongs to my final resting place
As you come away with layers of white, that bear my naked soul
I knew the color of my soul was blue"

A friend who went to Goa at the end of an emotionally-taxing year ended up finding himself ... After some serious soul-searching, he wrote this beautiful piece for the ocean that gave him hope for the future. Reminded me of my own words from an earlier post - "The vast sea evokes a sense of humility, making me realise the size of me and my inconsequential issues compared to the unending waters that lay before me"

Good going Tarak..Hopin' you will share the other poems too..

2 comments:

The Walker said...

Water always has that effect on me... Makes me a philosopher of sorts... Makes you stare into and beyond it and makes you think. Thoughts you would've otherwise never had.

Recently, went for a vacation to an island, and my wife was so overwhelmed too... The calm, the restless, the furious, the giver of life, they all have their own persona that you relate to, and then some...

Sue said...

@ the walker: Water bodies have the exact same effect on me...but I thought it had to have some weird cosmic connection to the fact that I belong to a water sign (Aquarius)...

The ocean especially, is just unbelievably therapeutic.