Dec 10, 2007

I am the I in INDIA

"The day I was born in this country, this country was also born in me.

I can feel it running through my guts when I'm angry and throbbing in my veins when I'm glad. I am India and India is me.

Starting today, I have decided that I will not point fingers at anyone any more. Instead, those fingers will be pointed at me.

I am the system that does not work. I am the pothole on the road that doesn't get filled. I am the FIR that doesn't get filed. I am the bridge that doesn't get built.

Everything that's wrong with this country starts with me. And will soon end with me.

I am India and India is me."

If only I could have put it so nicely in my previous post about taking ownership of the country. I am inspired ... the magic of some good copy, I guess. Hats off to the Times group for launching this great initiative called LEAD India. My interest in definitely captured by the concept of citizens getting involved with the administration of the country, but let's see how far and how well they are able to implement it.

Jai Hind!

3 comments:

bhavna said...

hi sue.

glad that i am not as inconsequential as i think : ). glad my posts touched you.

thanks and yes, jai hind.

my dad is a retired officer from the intelligence bureau. and so the feeling of patriotism has been with me through my life. i am and all of us should be proud indians.

Sue said...

bhavna: intelligence bureau huh? that's really cool....
I am glad that the youth of country has finally stopped having a passive attitude towards the motherland. I have run into a lot of people who care and are doing their bit. I hope it contiunues :)

Sue said...

*continues (oops!)