Aug 5, 2007

and she was born!

Trying to catch a peek through my groggy eyes , I remember the first time I caught a glimpse of my bundle of joy. My beautiful baby girl, who I had waited nine months to see. A small pink face with a tuft of black hair here or there and the most elegant, long, lady-like fingers I had ever seen my life. I could hear strains of her cry....my longing to hold her close to me was overpowering the drugs they had given me. The five minutes that the nurse took to clean her and bring her to me felt like five decades....as if i had never lived a moment without her. Finally when she was in my arms, every day of morning sickness, backache and even the doubts regarding whether a baby was right for me at that high point in my career all melted away, as if they never existed. Her little hands were in my hands....her graceful fingers intertwined in mine and I do not remember ever being more content than at that very moment.

Note: An entry that I wrote for a friend's mom's college reunion and it won - Rs 50 :) yaay!

1 comment:

Morpheus said...

baby gurl...nice post, in terms how you've written it. However, you have written it from a very personal view point. As if you were the one who gave birth. Such posts need a li'l disclaimer towards the end...but then again, if you getting into character, then it's nice to get all the mental practice you can get girl