Aug 10, 2009

This dance is mine

I'm lost in thought
You take my hand
A gentle tug
I rise to stand

You lead me on
Hands intertwine
I walk with you
This dance is mine

The saxophone sings
My heart beats to the base
Music takes over
I meet your gaze

My feet follow yours
Floating across the floor
You twist, I twirl
Backgrounds blur

You throw me up
I kiss the sky
You bring me down
I am still high

The song is gone
My heart still sings
You walk me home
But you give me wings

Days crawl by
of sun and rain
I ache, I yearn
When do we dance again

6 comments:

Paradox Philic said...

Me likes!!!

Sudhir Pai said...

Super stuff!
Love it!

Fictitioustruth said...

there in that dark unseen corner
stands someone waiting, hoping, stealing a glance
turn your gaze
and you will get your dance
life is short and youth shorter
go out lady, live and take your chance

Sue said...

@ paradox and pai: thanks ya'll!

@ fictitioustruth:

its good to know you are still around... i've been visiting your blog as well but its hard to comment - its prompts me for my history geography details :S

i turned my gaze
he stole a glance
he stepped out of the shadow
i took my chance

youth is short
but life is long
i want this dance
to follow my years
and play along

John Doe said...

you can put this to music.

just don't make it too sappy. the music, I mean.

Sue said...

words are my forte...not sure if i am any good wit music...

if you are... give it a shot and i'd love to give it a listen :)